Monday, June 24, 2013

PALM SPRINGS ON FILM...



 I shoot 100% digital for all my professional jobs, but I love shooting film for fun. Yes, I love the way it looks, but my favorite part is definitely where I don't have to do any editing afterwards... Instead of spending hours trying to get the colors juuuuust right, I get the scans back from my lab and assume that however the image looks is exactly how it's supposed to look. Done! Easy!

Anyways, these are from a recent trip out to The Ace in Palm Springs to attend a welcome home celebration for our friend Mary who just spent the last 6 months volunteering at an orphanage in Uganda. You can see more photos from the event on instagram using the hashtag #maryshipsterhomecoming (Mary's Hipster Homecoming). She's starting a company called We Spread the Love and will be returning to Uganda later this year - if you go to her website you can learn more about what they're doing and how you can help and donate. You can also follow along on instagram at @wespreadthelove.

xo


No comments: