Wednesday, February 6, 2013

PRETTY FLY


I'm heading out to Mexico in just a few days and have been trying to figure out what to pack. So, while it was on my mind, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite flying essentials. I have to be super comfortable on the plane, but I don't want to look like a total mess. ;)

1. David Lerner Footed Leggings - did you see that? Footed leggings! Which means you can wear cute easy to slip on and off flats and not have to walk through security barefoot.

2. Rebecca Minkoff Oliver Bag (pictured here in 'sand') - big, beautiful hobo bag - carry on everything you need: wallet, ipad, passport, a lightweight blanket, magazines and then some!

3. Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent, Sage Embroidered Flats - comfortable and they slip on and off in a flash (and you don't have to be barefoot in the gross airport because of your awesome new leggings!)

4. Lala Beach Blanket by Lemlem - it's lightweight and small enough to squish into your purse, but big enough to use as a blanket on the plane and if you're headed somewhere warm and sunny, well, it is a beach blanket.

5.Helmut Lang Round Neck T-shirt - planes make me feel gross and bloated and the terrible food I eat in the airport (Burger King) and on the plane (one of each kind of snack pack, please) doesn't help. So I like clothes that are stretchy and loose and hide how awful I feel.

6. A lucky necklace. This one is a Mini Nameplate Necklace from Baublebar. I always loved Carrie's "Carrie" necklace on SATC. And while I watch the show now and think a lot of stuff is dated, that necklace is still just as cool to me. Anyways, flying makes me a little nervous, so I always wear a lucky necklace. :)

The only thing missing from this list would be a long, lightweight cardigan. I suggest this one from Free People. I need something that is long enough to cover my butt, because leggings are not pants. I also want something light so that it doesn't feel like an ordeal taking it on and off at security and if I decide I don't want to wear it on the plane, I want something I can just toss in my purse.

Do you have anything you love that makes traveling easier? I'd love to hear about it!

xo

No comments: